controlling occupational noise: –
Protecting workers from the harmful effects of noise in the workplace is a legal requirement in the UK.
The Noise at work regulations (2005) stipulate that the following Exposure levels should not be exceeded:
If the action levels are exceeded, suitable control measures should be implemented and an assessment to confirm the adequacy of the control measures should also be carried out.
key services provided:
- Noise Risk assessments enable the identification of the severity and number of people affected
- Daily personal Noise exposure surveys (LEP,d)
- Peak Sound Pressure assessments and identification of problematic noise sources
- Interpretation and consultation on noise assessment data to resolve non compliances and advise on suitable noise reduction measures
benefits of noise risk assessments
- Risk assessment identifies workplace areas and those personnel who are at most risk
- Exposure monitoring quantifies the level of risk
- Monitoring and assessment leads to compliance with legal limits
- The Effectiveness of control measures can be verified
- Advice on required improvements and recommendations
For more details, don’t hesitate to contact us.