Controlling Occupational Noise: –
Protecting workers from the harmful effects of noise in the workplace is a legal requirement in the UK.
The Noise at work regulations (2005) stipulate that the following Exposure levels should not be exceeded:
|Lower Exposure Action Level||Upper Exposure Action Level|
|Daily or weekly Personal Noise Exposure (LEP,d or LEP,w)||80dB||85dB|
|Peak sound pressure (LCpeak)||135dB||137dB|
If the action levels are exceeded, suitable control measures should be implemented and an assessment to confirm the adequacy of the control measures should also be carried out.
Key Services Provided:
- Noise Risk assessments enable the identification of the severity and number of people affected
- Daily personal Noise exposure surveys (LEP,d)
- Peak Sound Pressure assessments and identification of problematic noise sources
- Interpretation and consultation on noise assessment data to resolve non compliances and advise on suitable noise reduction measures
Benefits of Noise Risk Assessments
- Risk assessment identifies workplace areas and those personnel who are at most risk
- Exposure monitoring quantifies the level of risk
- Monitoring and assessment leads to compliance with legal limits
- The Effectiveness of control measures can be verified
- Advice on required improvements and recommendations
For more details, don’t hesitate to contact us.