CONTROLLING HAZARDS IN THE WORKPLACE (COSHH)
Managing Health risks and exposure to hazardous substances within work premises helps organisations comply with stringent health & safety Law such as the COSHH regulations 2002
SES can provide a step by step advisory service to achieve compliance:
STEP 1 – COSHH RISK ASSESSMENT
In line with the COSHH regulations, Risk assessments will identify WHICH substances present in the workplace have the potential to harm and WHO may be affected.
STEP 2 – EVALUATING THE RISK OF EXPOSURE
Accurate monitoring & assessment of the level and severity of exposure equips Health & safety professionals & Site managers with the required data to formulate effective and compliant risk management procedures
STEP 3 – PREVENTING & CONTROLLING EXPOSURE
Removal or substitution of hazardous substances is the preferred method, however this may not always be practical.
Designing and maintaining suitably effective control measures results in reduced exposure and improved productivity
STEP 4 – REVIEW & MONITOR CHANGES TO THE WORKPLACE
Review, identification and exposure assessment of new hazards ensures control.
All assessment procedures are carried out in line with current HSE MDHS methodology.
APPLICATIONS OF COSHH IN THE WORKPLACE
- Occupational dust exposure within Woodworking facilities
- Exposure assessment within Chemical processing and Pharmaceutical manufacturing plants
- Exposure to Biological and Chemical agents at Waste treatment and Anaerobic digestion plants
- Metallic dust fibre measurements in Foundries and precious metal recovery facilities
- Hazardous gas and vapour exposure in surface treatment and coating plants
BENEFITS OF ASSESSMENT & MONITORING
- Ability to identify if workplace limits are being exceeded
- Selection of the correct PPE and RPE based on accurate exposure data
- Prevention of workplace ill health and reduction in absenteeism